Tuesday, June 19, 2012

And...we're off!

Well, not quite yet.  But in about 3 1/2 hours.  Is it worth it to go to bed for 3 1/2 hours?  Darn those early flights out of Newark.   
I'm so excited to be headed toward the Pacific NW again.  For so many reasons.  I love Manhattan, but I've got to get out of here every once in a while.  We miss our peeps!  There is something about people from the NW--they are grounded and nice and easygoing in a way that New Yorkers are just not.  The competitiveness in many people here can be exhausting to me.  I love the way people from the NW do food and recreation in particular.  So many gardens, and if not that, then U-Pick and if not that then CSAs.  As for recreation--it's just more accessible and easier to get to and there aren't hordes of people also doing the same thing at the same time.  I love the way it cools down at night, even on a really hot day.
It surprised us how much we missed Brett during Father's Day.  So that will be nice too, meeting up with him tomorrow.  He's been traipsing around Seattle with an elementary school friend of his for the past two days.  
Wish for fishing luck for my dad--while my mom drives to Seattle to pick us up, my dad is supposed to be catching some salmon for our dinner.  Yum!
  

No comments: